If you come for a day trip with one of Baltic cruising ferries with Junibacken as a key destination, planning the day is essential as it’s quite hard to pack something else into the few hours you have left.
Buses give free rides to a stroller with a child, and one accompanying adult.
Children younger than 7 ride public transport for free, but must be accompanied by a adult with a good ticket. On weekends from Friday noon, six children younger than 12 years old, ride for free with one accompanying adult.
Most museums are free of charge for children.
- Junibacken(Stockholm/Djurgården) is based on Astrid Lindgren’s works.
- The Vasa Museum(Stockholm/Djurgården) is suitable for children.
- The National Museum of Natural History(Stockholm/Östermalm) offers interactive guides to Earth’s history, as well as Scandinavian, Arctic and Antarctic wildlife.
- The Science and Technology Museum(Stockholm/Östermalm) has a science centre, Teknorama, and a big exhibition hall with vehicles of all kinds.
- The Music and Theatre Museum, Musik- och teatermuseet(Stockholm/Östermalm), has hands-on musical instruments.
- Vikingaliv (Stockholm/Djurgården)
- Stockholms Stadsmuseum (Stockholm/Södermalm)